Is the lockdown preventing you from doing your bit for charity and fundraising?
If there is a charity fundraising that is close to your heart… go on, you can still do it staying indoors and supporting all the wonderful causes out there. Remember, as one of our employee benefits, Smartbox UK will match fund for up to £1000. Now that’s taking your virtual stay at home 🏡 fund raising efforts a much longer way.
As you are all aware, we support Willow foundation as part of our Corporate Social Responsibility. ‘’Willow is the only national charity working with seriously ill young adults aged 16 to 40 to fulfil uplifting and unforgettable Special Days’’
In support to future special days, Willow has come up with some great virtual fundraising ideas and events with a twist of fun while staying safe at home and what’s more you will even earn one of Willows Prestigious medals for your virtual fund-raising activity. Check out Willows Virtual Fundraising events here
#willowvirtual20 – https://www.willowfoundation.org.uk/virtual20
#thelockdownlook – https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/thelockdownlook
#makingmemories – https://www.willowfoundation.org.uk/blog/making-memories
Need some inspiration on fundraising ideas while staying at home, here you go 😉
- Run a marathon or half marathon where you can – Be it in your backyard garden or if you have only a balcony then do it there.
- Give the fitness equipment at home a run for their money – Cycles, steppers, treadmills etc use them, if not you can even use stairs as a stepper to get your step count in for a step-up challenge
- Read-athon challenges – if you plan to do this and have no access to books it may be better subscribing to kindle unlimited that has a 2-month free offer than buying the books
- Host a virtual pub quiz with your friends and colleagues
- Host other virtual challenges like bake-athon, craftnoon, tournaments etc.